[Moon] Microwave Activity Weekends 2014

Ingolf, SM6FHZ ingolf.fhz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 17:03:09 CEST 2014

Thanks for your great initiative Peter!

I was on from 23Z to 24Z on Aug 15 and from 0530Z to 0930Z on Aug 16. A
total of 7 stations were worked, among them two initials (JA8ERE and
IZ2DJP).

Two QSO's make me especially happy; IZ2DJP (3m, 10W) and SM6PGP (1.8m,
80W). It proves that you do not need a big station to work EME on 6 cm.
Both QSO's had some margin with respect to signal strength and we were ~1
dB worse than Perigee today, so even smaller stations would be feasible to
work. Let us prove it! N.B. Both QSO's were pure random, answers to my CQ's.

For as long I can remember this was the first time I worked all stations
that I heard. That is a big step forward, has always been one or two CWNR
or never got a chance to call at all.

Following the chats on HB9Q I could see that some stations had a busy time
exchanging feeds from 13 cm to 6 cm. A big thank you to you who did that.
It raised the activity level on 6 cm!

73 / Ingolf, SM6FHZ

--
Ingolf, SM6FHZ