[Moon] The Swedish 4Th 432 & UP EME meeting CW

Chuck Smallhouse w7cs at theriver.com
Sun Aug 17 21:59:43 CEST 2014

Ed,

If it's 50 W at the dish, then no big deal.  About 10 years ago, when
I  first got on 1296, with my 5 M dish, I was getting about 125 W out
of my 7289 PA, in the shack (> 60' of coax, 50% was1/2"
Superflex).  In no more than 4 weekends, I worked >50 initials,  Some
were using 10' - 12' dishes and low power also.  I could weakly hear
my echoes.  The only tracking that I had, was pure optical via a TV
camera, which I think was more accurate than computer aided tracking then.

Hopefully LNAs and feed efficiencies have improved since then .

Chuck,  W7CS