[Moon] 10GHz first QSO

sq7dqx sq7dqx at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Aug 19 09:11:24 CEST 2014

Hallo

Today morning I did my first 3cm qso with OK1KIR team. After some software problems (update of WSJT was needed, hi) we completed full qso's in JT4G and JT4F mode. CW qso is possible and CW op Arek SP7LHV will be happy of possibility to do that. I received -15dB and sent -12dB as reports. Signal from OK1KIR was audible all the time, big spread (around 200Hz) did not disturb much in JT mode. I would like to express my thanks to OK1KIR for first qso and their patience, Charlie G3WDG for his help with waveguide swith, SP6GWN and SP6JLW for their advices.

SETUP:

3.6m mesh dish f/d 0.36
RX: DB6NT WR90 preamp + DB6NT transverter
TX: DB6NT transverter + PE1RKI driver + DL2AM 17W SSPA + PE1RKI linear feed
10MHz rubidium standard at shack
0.5 deg rotator accuracy/step, tracking by moon noise
Moon noise ~1.6dB

Matt SQ7DQX/SN7D

ps. It was really hard to run 3cm ...