[Moon] Deep Search IS cheating

Bob DeVarney W1ICW w1icw at myfairpoint.net
Fri Aug 22 19:29:34 CEST 2014

I have resisted chiming in myself, but no longer.

I am among the digital crowd, just dipping my toe into the EME waters.
My first EME QSO was January of 2010, and I have made exactly one CW EME
QSO. I have to say there is very little incentive for me to upgrade my
station to be able to work more CW contacts when I read comments like
that one. My station is currently four 7-element yagis and 1 kW, and I
enjoy getting on regularly to work the folks on the band. I could
frankly care less about DXCC or any of the other awards. I just enjoy
working people with a station I built myself.

After the continuing vitriol over this issue, I am considering sawing
the tower down and selling it for scrap and taking up another hobby
altogether.

Bob W1ICW