[Moon] QSO procedure by K1JT - NEW qso RULES????

Russ K2TXB k2txb at dxcc.com
Sat Aug 23 23:18:00 CEST 2014

Well Wolfgang you did not need to extend what I said so as to imply I meant
that "everyone could send what they wanted".  If the station sends just his
call without the prefix and that is copied and returned then that is what
the QSO rules call for.  Nowhere does it say that full prefixes or suffixes
must be sent and received.  Indeed it is common practice in this country for
portable stations to NOT identify the fact that they are portable in
contests.  Rovers are a different story because of contest logging
requirements, but portables usually don't spend much time saying "portable
2" or whatever.  There is no rule that they must identify that way in the
contest, or from the government for that matter.

So again, if the guy sends his call (without suffixes or prefixes) and it is
received and sent back successfully, then a contact has been made and most
people will believe that, including people managing contests and awards.
And if the station identifies himself with the call plus prefix in a regular
fashion (but not with every contact), that is sufficient for legal
requirements too.

That is all I said before and all I am saying now.  I am not saying that I
could send a different call than my own, or my name, or whatever and it
would valid.  No, but if I send K2TXB and the station answers K2TXB then
everyone knows he is working me, and there is no reason why it is not a
valid contact.

73, Russ K2TXB