[Moon] Do you use a callsign list? ( shortened version)

Peter Blair g3ltf at btinternet.com
Sat Aug 23 23:51:23 CEST 2014

"The paper lists make me a little uncomfortable, but as they seem to be in widespread use I guess it is ok."
Russ,  I wonder if you can substantiate the above statement that lists are "in widespread use".  If you do have any evidence please produce it.  I dont know when it was that the last list appeared in the 432 and above NL, I suspect it was before JT came on the scene. I do remember Al making the decision. But there are other lists, on PA0PLY ‘s site for example.

Lets try and get some facts, we will of course depend on honesty here but will anyone who has NOT used a callsign list for assisting CW EME contacts in the past 10 years please email me OFF LIST just with a simple message " NO LIST" with the frequency band "2m and/or 70cm and/or 23cm" and your call  and we'll add them up. I promise that no callsigns will be revealed and I will delete all the replies at the end of the exercise.
Remember, OFF LIST only to g3ltf at btinternet.com and no flames please, I am just genuinely trying to get some facts.
73 Peter G3LTF

Apologies, I did not realise how long the tail on this email was so I am re-sending it in case it got stopped for being too big.