[Moon] ARRL CONTEST RESULTS 144 CW

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Mon Dec 8 22:45:17 CET 2014

Serge,

I saw fast QSB, as well, on Sunday morning (1600utc) but attributed
that to wind rocking my array off/on the moon.  But perhaps it was
ionospheric effects, instead.  I was limited to Hpol Rx since losing
the Vpol preamp.  If that was Faraday it was really moving as I saw
QSB rate of about 8-10 seconds.  JT65 trace looked like a line of dots!

I wonder if you heard Mike - KL6M (Anchorage, AK, BP51) about
0700-0800utc Dec. 7?  He was running a pair of 4CX250's at 600w with
his 9.2m dish (21 dBi at 144-MHz).  A mutual friend, Eric - N6SPP/KL7
visited Mike and set him up on JT65 with his laptop integrated into
Mike's eme station (FT-736R).  Mike normally runs 432-1296-2304 CW
with his dish.

I copied Mike at -5 with DT=0.7 so that was a direct signal and not
eme.  He is about 100km NE of me.  My array was  pointed az=267 so
that was off the backside!  No 2m-eme with AK possible it looks
like.  I still need AK for my WAS.  I'm hoping our dishes are more
directional on 1296 so I can reject his direct signal (best guess
would be around az=120 so our dishes would be looking 90-degree from
each other).

I did work W1AW/1 in Maine on Friday so that gets me WAS-41.

Been too windy to get outside to look further at the 1296 amp.  Maybe tomorrow?

73, Ed