[Moon] 144 & 432 Mhz ARRL contest report

Ron Barlow rmb1991 at live.com
Wed Dec 10 20:14:22 CET 2014

Hi guys,

 I was QRV during several scattered periods, during both of my moon passes. I had to limit my activities to my mutual window with Europe, so unfortunately, I missed the VK/JA, etc. activity, entirely.

 On 144 Mhz, I QSOed OZ1HNE, IK1FJI, IK3MAC, OK1DIX, K9MRI, and I2FAK. I heard RU1AA, and UR3EE, but unfortunately, I had no opportunity to call them, as they only heard while in QSO with other stations---no CQs heard.

 I also heard many of the stations that were contacted, last month.

 On 432 Mhz, I contacted DL9KR, PI9CAM, DL7APV, and SM2CEW. Stations heard include PA2V, WA6PY (cwnr), plus most of the stations that were contacted in November.

 Signals were excellent, at times (when polarity alignment was good), despite the near perigee moon. IK3MAC (144 Mhz) and DL9KR (432 Mhz), in particular, had amazingly stout signals!

 Many, many thanks to all, for the most enjoyable random CW EME QSOs! I hope to CU in the 2015 ATPs!

                             73 de Ron n4gjv

144 Mhz: 4 x 3.1 WL fixed horiz pol & 2 x 4CX250 PA

432 Mhz: 4 x 6.8 WL fixed horiz pol & 2 x 4CX250 PA