[Moon] K2GAB

John storyavenue at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 12 17:55:06 CET 2014

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the CW QSO during last weekends activity.  Should count as a new initial.  I was running my wife's call K2GAB with her assistance.  Any EME contacts on 70cm have been with her call not mine, so there should be no ambiguity as to if there is new initial.  I'll have some QSLs soon, and will send out to anyone worked who desires one.

The driver amp was digesting a 3CX800 as I ran the contest, so many of the contacts were made with relatively low power.  I occasionally heard my echoes but mostly not.  I am going to keep the feed in for now to work some of the activity periods coming up.  I have no polarity rotation so the feed is set at 45 degrees to my horizon.

It has been fun showing up on the band, random CW,  with an otherwise unfamiliar call.  I hope for the other end of the QSO too.  Gloria's fingerprints are all over the dish, and she assists, though it is likely me running the cw key.

Thanks Jan DL9KR for trying to hear us through the noise and cross-pol loss.

Regards,

John
WB2BYP

Gloria