[Moon] Antenne coupler for 70 cm

Hans van Alphen h.v.alphen at planet.nl
Wed Dec 31 19:15:17 CET 2014

John,

I hope you measured this with the correct source impedance, but I don't
think that you have done that correctly.

The impedance of the two antenna's coupling point is no longer 50 ohm but
two 50 ohms in parallel.
To correctly measure the return loss of this you can do two things:
- measure with a impedance of  25 ohm
- measure with a 50 ohm impedance and a quartre wave impedance matching
network to convert 50 ohm to 25 ohm.

So the measurement you did was not good and therefore the results you
measured are not strange.

I expect the coupler you have is working fine.

73 and HNY.

Hans PA0EHG