[Moon] EME Contest Plans

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sat Nov 8 08:47:46 CET 2014

Pretty disappointing (worked four stations).  Quite a few stations on
at 0330utc when I started but only a couple left by 0600.  High noise
was hampering reception of most signals.  Strangely Hpol had more
noise in later operation so I shut down the preamp and went to single
Vpol reception.  But for some reason MAP65 would not decode what
appeared to be good enough signals.  I shut down the amp at 0600 and
secured the array at 0730 after watching the late news on TV.

Winds over 20 mph causing a lot of antenna buffeting.  I could not
have operated the dish in these conditions as it would not have
stayed on the Moon.  So guess not having the 1296 amp ready didn't matter.

Also having flu-like symptoms after getting my flu shot, today,
hasn't helped my attitude...sorry.

I will get night's sleep and try in the morning according to the sked
that I published below.  Eastern EU will have MR then and all of EU
will have moon view before I QRT at 1730-1800utc.  Hopefully, my
local noise will be gone in the early morning.

73, Ed - KL7UW
At least we are not getting the >100 mph winds from the typhoon that
is coming up the Bering Sea off western AK.