[Moon] ARRL 2m & 70 cm CW EME results

Ron Barlow ronb66390 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 05:32:11 CET 2014

Greetings fellow CW EME enthusiasts
  I was unable to be QRV for my first moon pass, but I was QRV during a
portion of my second moon pass (9 Nov), last weekend.
 On 2m, I logged QSOs with YO2AMU, UA3PTW, VE1KG, OK1VVP, DL8UCC, OK1MS,
LZ2US, and SM2CEW. At ~ 0056Z, I was called simultaneously by 2 zero beat
stations. Unfortunately, they both ceased calling, at the same time, and
before I could decipher their call signs.
 While conditions seemed to be rather good on 2m, especially considering
the fact that the moon was near apogee, they seemed to be poor on 70 cm. I
initially suspected that my receive system had been degraded by the rain
water that had entered my LNA/TR relay box. However, I did hear WA6PY's
single Yagi station rather well, so perhaps there were other reasons for
the sub par number of stations heard and the generally sub par strength
of the signals that were heard??
 I contacted I2FHW, UA3PTW, OH2PO, G3LTF, K1JT on 70 cm. Heard and CWNR
were WA6PY and W8TXT.
  Many thanks to all for the great fun!
                                   73 de Ron  n4gjv

2m EME: 4 x 3.1 WL horiz pol Yagis & 2 x 4CX250 PA.
70 cm EME: 4 x 6.8 WL horiz pol Yagis & 2 x 4CX250 PA