[Moon] What is the influence off a crossyagi on 70 cm ?

John Lambo pa7jb at ziggo.nl
Sun Nov 16 22:32:13 CET 2014

Hello Lunatics
Last weekend i was qrv on 70 cm and did hear/ see K3MF with a big
signaal but after many times off trying Wayde did not see/ hear me.
This also because my systeem is small with 2 time K1FO 22 ele and 200
watt in the shack.
I was thinking how Wayde and other will see/hear me on 70cm.
What i like to make is a cross yagi with the same elements on a plactic
mast( this for no have problems if i tx/rx verticale )
Can some one tell me what the influence will be if make the K1FO 22 ele
but then as a crossyagi??
I did see that at W2PU i copy this :
The main problems are achieving accurate symmetry between the X and Y
planes of Yagi elements and fitting the necessary feedlines, baluns,
etc., into available space around the feedpoint.
What is the normale spacing between  the horizontale and verticale dipool ??
Is this a half wavelength ??
This will help me and other amateurs to make a beter station on 70cm.
All info and photo,s how to make it is welcome .
Thank you for reply...

73  John  PA7JB

Sorry if this is not all correct English    ;-)