[Moon] 10ghz beacon

Barry Malowanchuk ve4ma at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 30 23:44:02 CET 2014

Good Evening Per,

For the first time I have tried to recieve the DL0SHF 10 GHZ EME beacon.  I am in Arizona USA DM43 using a 5 ft offset dish with ~0.8 NF.  I copy it FB with a report level of about -11 on JT4G but it is not yet totally clear of local buildings.   I am manually pointing with audible feedback so it may not be optimum position as I cannot see moon noise at the same time...will work on it.

I see about 7 dB of sun noise...but this is probably up to 1 dB below optimum.....have been adjusting feed position to try to get max but may not be there yet.  My moon noise is about 0.2 dB.

I am happy !  I see the 2 different modes that can be observed on the Spec JT screen. On one transmission there are 2 tones, and the next there are 4 tones with a frequency shift with one being FSK CW and the other the JT4F?

As Serge had mentioned I assume your recent change was a small change ...not 15 dB??

I will send files to you directly

Best 73
Barry VE4MA/ W7