[Moon] M&M mw DXpedition update

dl1ymk at aol.com dl1ymk at aol.com
Wed Oct 8 09:00:28 CEST 2014

Gentlemen,

we are happy to report that another two fine Japanese stations found their way into our log on 07.10. By crossband 10450/10368 operation JA1WQF and JA6CZD were worked with easy O reports both ends.
An attempt  later in the night to work Al, W5LUA, unfortunately failed, as we had still too much thermal noise ( of course: by trees....) on Al's moonrise. The mutual window seems to be too marginal (so far).

When these lines are written (Wednesday morrning, 1000 local = utc +3 hours) a storm is howling outside our log cabin at Bft 9-10, the OP is soaking wet (again), as he just had to collect the sad remains of a 2m MS-yagi from the porch, which the storm literally has blown apart. The prominent wind direction now is SSE, which means the dish is still in the wind shadow of the cabin, but still it shakes heavily in a scary way.

The wind should calm down by noon time, which hopefully lets us reconfigure the system for 6 cm. If the dish stays upright, remember our window slots for 2nite for 6 cm published in an earlier note already.

73/88 de M & M