[Moon] M&M 6cm now ready

dl1ymk at aol.com dl1ymk at aol.com
Wed Oct 8 16:53:07 CEST 2014

Hello,

after 3 days on 3 cm we now have changed the feed to 6 cm. The storm haspassed earlier, we had a terrible night with wind gusts up to 9 Beaufort andheavy rain. The 2m MS antenna (we are in KP00cd) had fallen down, but we couldrepair it – thanks to duck tape. We have never tested the 6 cm set-up with thesmall dish, so we hope, we will be able to work at least the stronger stations.We have around 100 W in the feed. From 2030UT we have a relatively unobstructedwindow to the moon, which ends at 0130UT. In a very small earlier windowbetween those 2 pine trees we again try to work JA.

On 3 cm Willi and Yoshi made recordings of different QSOs with ourDXpedition station. For us during each DXpedition it is a huge challenge to setup an EME station despite rural conditions in the outback, like uneven ground(how easy it seems to erect a dish on concrete, hi), a lot of trees and limitedcable length. So we are very happy that we managed it again on 10 GHz here onLumparland, one of the Aland Isles.

73/88 de M & M