[Moon] G3LTF ARRL microwave results

Peter Blair g3ltf at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 12 18:15:16 CEST 2014

Mr Murphy was never far from my shack this weekend but at least the wx was kind, very light winds and only a small amount of rain ( the rain doesnt affect the propagation at 6cm but it makes it hard to change feeds and power supplies) By sheer luck I noticed some soot on the  connector of the LDF5-50 to the feed just before connecting the 13cm PA....sorted that out.... Later a supply wire came out of a power connectorat the feed ... but finally in a desparate attempt to stop me the keyer suddenly wouldnt send dashes and I had to resort to the old pump key. Of course when I went to repair it... no fault found! On 13cm I worked only 18 stations, activity was way down on previous contests. On 9cm I worked 9 and on 6cm 11.Got-aways were K5GW heard only once on 13cm and HB9Q who was only heard on 2304 and on 6cm JA6CZD.
Thanks to all for the fun and the nice QSOs.
73 Peter G3LTF