[Moon] G3LTF ARRL microwave results

ok1dfc at seznam.cz ok1dfc at seznam.cz
Sun Oct 12 21:02:48 CEST 2014

Same was here, as Peter says, Mr. Murphy never sleep :-) From whole MW part,
I was working with 3cm portable setup. First night, I had problem with
tracking and lost the Moon. Due to heavy inversion clouds I was not able
setup position back. During next period was all OK and I had full SDR screen
signal from 3cm band. Heard were OK1KIR CW 559 and JT -12dB, OK1CA 549-559
CW, DF0EF -12dB JT and many others. Problem was with TX. During day today I
was trying to fix the problem and found that during TX with 35W RF is not
enough screen the multiplier in TRV. TRV is focus point and only in PVC box.
So today I have fixed that and now looks that QRG do not jumping up and is
stable enough now.
I am expecting to be QRV rest of MW ARRL EME window. I want to try as much
as possible TX and work some stations. I will be also on HB9Q chat for
possible skeds.
Measured parameters:
Noise of Moon - 0,8dB
Ground noise - 4,6dB