[Moon] ARRL EME Contest weekend on 3cm

Peter Hansen PH at Focon.dk
Mon Oct 13 10:59:46 CEST 2014

Thanks for a nice weekend with too little sleep :O).
I was tuning around and worked:
OK1CA, OK1KIR,UA4HTS,DL0EF,SP6JLW.

I heard HB9BHU,W6YX,K1JT,DL7YC,PA0BAT and PA7JB and some I could not get the call correct.

Beeing a nice weekend I also want to try to open a few stations eyes.

I run a small station with 1.8meter offset and 43W in the feed 14dB sun and around 0.9-1dB moonnoise. I was able to hear my echoes all weekend. Most of the time 6-10dB over the noise.

Some stations made a signal that was 25-30dB over the noise. Some of those stations use dish of >4meter and of course much more power. But as I was able to hear my echo after each transmission but got no reaction to my calling I suspect some of those stations need to have a RX optimized. When I hear my echo 10dB over noise with 1.8meter dish a 4meter should have a booming signal from me but no qso :O(.

I tried everthing even QRSS long calls . This is of course kind of frustrating as I work station in CW with 1.8meter dish and 40W with ok signal.

I also called random some stations, where they came back with my call at once, so the system works.

We would gain much more active stations when the big guns was easy to work for modest station setups. It would boost a lot more interest.

This is in no way pointing fingers at anyone just a 2 cent opinion on how to make 3cm EME even more interesting.

I seek skeds with all poosible stations on 3cm EME.
I work CW and JT4 modes

73 Peter OZ1LPR