[Moon] [Moon-Net] SMALL PRIME FOCUS DISH

serge ve1kg at eastlink.ca
Mon Oct 27 14:12:30 CET 2014

Hello Pierre- Francois & all. A very interesting thread. I certainly have learned a lot. I was truly fascinated by Hans PA0EHG demonstration at EME 2014 & also the work of Rex VK7MO so I want to try it.BTW there is a new IOPTRON gear box 8200 which has all the gears made of metal & not plastic like the one Hans has. It is also more expensive. The question is how much abuse it will take. I will be looking for an offset 1 m dish & discuss the tracking settings of the ioptron gear box with Hans.Peter OZ1LPR has done very well with his 1.8M dish & low power
I think the big issue with 10ghz is TRACKING & frequency stability that is what I read anyway
Thank you again
Serge VE1KG