[Moon] EME 2014

serge ve1kg at eastlink.ca
Tue Sep 2 17:12:17 CEST 2014

hello folks!!
Just got back from EME 2014. It was a wonderful experience. I want to tell F2CT Guy & Corine & the organization committee how much fun I had & thanks them for the excellent work in preparing a complicated convention with so many people attending.
They were 2 stations set up one for 5700 MHz with the 13M dish operated by Guy & his group & a 144Mhz WSJT station ALL HOME MADE
By Lucien  F1TE. When I say home made I mean home made IQ+ 2 channels F1TE version, home made SSPA, home made controller.

Also a demonstration on how to receive the 10GHZ beacon on a 48cm dish by Hans PA0EHG using Spectravue for CW &  WSJT4G. You could read the CW from DL0SFH perfectly.This was one of my most exciting moment. Now I think I know what to do to get my system working.

On & all a great convention  where folks using different EME modes on different frequencies got along very well & learnt from each other. I REALLY missed Lars SM4IVE. Hope to see you in 2016 Lars in beautiful Venice Italy

Serge VE1KG