[Moon] Microwave Update 2014 Status Update

Dave Hallidy k2dh1 at frontier.com
Fri Sep 12 23:31:34 CEST 2014

Fellow Microwavers and Microwave EME'ers-
Microwave Update 2014 is just 6 weeks away!  The conference is shaping up
nicely and the list of registered attendees is growing daily- check the
website to see the list so far.  If you are planning on coming to the
conference and haven't registered yet, you still have a couple of days to do
it at the reduced "Early Registration" rate of $40/person.  Remember- after
September 14, the rate will go up to $50/per person- and that extra $10 in
your pocket might get you something you need at the flea market Friday
night!

If you've registered for the conference but haven't yet reserved a room at
the hotel, please think about doing that sooner rather than later.  The
block of rooms at the MUD special price of $109/night will go away October
3.  Rooms will still be available, but at a higher price.  Same thing here-
you'd probably rather have the extra money to spend at the flea market!

Saturday night's banquet will be a fine fare- Frank and I are working with
the hotel to have some excellent choices for dinner, and of course we're
hoping to have lots of door prizes.  By the way- if you want to donate
something as a door prize, that would be greatly appreciated and you'll get
special recognition for your donation.

We've uncovered a possible problem with hotel reservations.  We discovered
that the link on the website is incorrect and if you try to navigate through
it, you'll have trouble and think the hotel is full.  So, we're putting the
correct link up on the site and you should be able to easily access it and
get the MUD room rate.  If you had trouble and didn't get the $109 rate,
please let me know and the hotel has promised to fix it for you.  Also, if
you had trouble and decided the hotel was full and made a reservation
someplace else, please let me know that and we'll do our best to correct it,
as well.

The list of presenters (so far) is also up on the website.  There will be
many interesting talks and a virtual tour of the University of Rochester
Laser Lab (where some extremely high tech work is taking place).  Thursday
arrivers can join us for a tour of the Antique Wireless Association museum
in Bloomfield, NY on Thursday afternoon between 1 and 5pm.  In addition to
their standard displays of early radio, TV, and electronic gear, the AWA has
promised us a show geared towards our part of the spectrum- the microwaves,
with displays of early microwave gear, tubes, etc.  It should be very
interesting!  The AWA recently moved into a completely new location and they
have lots of floor space and all new displays!

That's it for now- all of us in the Rochester VHF Group are looking forward
to seeing all of you at this year's MUD conference!

73
Dave K2DH
Frank K2OS
MUD2014 Co-Chairmen