[Moon] ARI weekend results de N4GJV

Ron Barlow ronb66390 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 18:36:36 CEST 2014

Hi all,
  I was QRV during several scattered periods, last weekend. I had to QRT
for thunderstorms, on multiple occasions.  I also experienced a rather
strange problem with the azimuth position indicator, on my 2m antenna
array. A vining plant had grown up into the weather shield, that protects
the sending unit synchro motor. It became entwined tightly around the
mechanical coupling, causing a slippage problem. I discovered that my az
indicator was in error by 60 degrees, when I attempted to become QRV soon
after moonrise, on Sunday!
 Random CW EME QSOs were logged with G3ZIG, I2FAK, IK1FJI, IK2DDR, LZ2US,
OK1MS, OK1VVP, OZ1HNE, SP7DCS, YO2AMU, and VK5APN, on 2m, and I2FHW, LZ1DX,
and SM2CEW, on 70 cm. Many thanks to all!
 Stations heard but not contacted include AD4TJ, SM2CEW and I3EVK, on 2m/
UT5DL and K2UYH on 70 cm.
 Many thanks to ARI for sponsoring this fb event!
 And thanks to everyone that was QRV, for the fun and activity!
                               73 de Ron  n4gjv

2m EME: 4 x 3.1 WL fixed horiz pol Yagis & 2 x 4CX250s
70 cm EME: 4 x 6.8 WL fixed horiz pol Yagis & 2 x 4CX250s