[Moon] 3 cm circular polarisation

Fausto Coletti faustocoletti at alice.it
Sun Sep 21 18:41:19 CEST 2014

Hi Barry,

I think that nothing is simple in setting up a 10 GHz EME station.
Surely most of the stations using linear polarization but I believe
that this should not stop the testing of new solution.
I also believe that if one is able to realize a 10 GHz EME station,
where, however, you have to build everything, the least of the
problems is to build a good circular feeder.
And I do not think the problem is the instruments because it is
also necessary to develop a linear feeder.
Everyone up to 5.7 GHz using circular polarization without problems.
I think that making the feeder for 3 or 6 cm involving the same difficulties.
I am realizing my EME station and surely I'll start with the circular polarization.
If I will consider it necessary, I will build also a linear feeder.
73 and my best congratulations for your activity on higher band.
I hope to contact you when I will be ready.

Fausto IK4NMF