[Moon] [Moon-Net] Offset dish question

kl7uw at acsalaska.net kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sun Apr 26 23:34:41 CEST 2015

> Jan can you send me some of the answers you received please ??
> Thank you
> Serge VE1KG

Serge and all:

Wish most offset feed dishes the feed shadow placed at the bottom of the dish where
the feed support arm comes out will successfully calibrate your dish pointing.  I
have not seen it necessary to see light on the feed itself.

To get an accurate pointing with light on the feed attach two aluminum tape strips
in a cross across the middle of the dish and point at the sun and you should see a
cross image at the feed.  May be easier to see if you hold a plain sheet of paper
right in front of the dish for the "light cross" to be projected.

73, Ed-KL7UW
from Parkersburg, WV (on the road)