[Moon] End of Dubus Contest

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sun Aug 9 22:46:24 CEST 2015

I lost Saturday due to azimuth rotator issues and mysterious mute
being set on my computer audio was QRV about an hour this morning:

GM4JJJ -23 on his single-yagi + kW (first eme contact since a decade
ago -glad to make it his first upon return).
K1SCE -20
KG6P -22
N1DNN -19
W2HRO -18
KC3OL -20
NT0N -15
W6YX -14

All accomplished using Tx Hpol.

Then at 1640 (8:40am local) my local noise source got turned on
eliminating all eme signals.  Fortunately, it got turned off ten
minutes later, but I noted most activity had dwindled to handful of
those I already worked.

Doesn't appear much of EU will have MR by end of the contest at
2359utc so guess this will be my total effort for the contest.

I had two cuts in my az-rotator cable so was unable to QRV on
Saturday due to time locating both and performing repairs ending
0200utc Sunday (6pm local) and past the end of my MS.  Had a couple
commenting my signal seemed stronger with new feedline.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
     "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: