[Moon] REPRINT of W6PO Amp Re: [Moon-Net] 3CX1500 PA 144

w2drz at ramcoinc.com w2drz at ramcoinc.com
Thu Aug 27 15:47:52 CEST 2015

Hi All,

If Interested in original amp,
 this is my tuning I used for 8877 amps.
-------
Tuning of amp power out is G1 "grid current peak" critical,
do not to exceed G1 rating for plate voltage/current and input drive,
adjust drive, plate load and plate resonance for recommended G1 current at power out peak watts.
--------.
Reprint of W6PO amp. is:

http://www.landfall.net/Radio/8877-1.htm

L1 = (CTC 1538-4-3) try AMIDON T-50-12  # 22 - 7T,
 as you find on gauge wire with # turns needed for best G1 vswr.

Tom  W2DRZ