[Moon] 1296 vs 2304 Feed

Steve Gross n4pz at live.com
Wed Dec 23 22:31:48 CET 2015

Hello Bro
Well I have all under control on 13 cm at the moment. Holding my breath. My Return loss is super but it keeps getting H2O into it somehow.
I swear it materializes in the damned  thing. Gotta dig out another 7/8 inch connector. A fresh new one. I am seeing a lot of noise with the antenna pointed into the trees when it's tilted to reach the 13 foot height with the ladder. It goes from S4 to S1 when I raise it up. I'll look for moon noise later. I should see some. I moved the darned 13 cm feed around so that I only have to find 23 cm bcn and adjust declination to find moon on 13 cm.
Moon has to be up to about 25-30 GHA to get away from all the noise from trees etc.
I have another nice VE4MA feed from RQG's stuff that you can have if you want it. Nice job of building. Brass & copper. With brass choke ring.
Getting it across the border is another matter.
We'll see.
Merry Christmas Barry et all. I probably can hear you.
I'm optimistic.
73 Steve N4PZ
The new kid on the block