[Moon] Cabling a dish

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Fri Dec 25 22:48:37 CET 2015

To address the center feedline concept:  the difference in loss is
negligible (0.36 vs 0.22 dB).  My focal distance is 8-foot so
supporting with a single center support would be more difficult
holding the large 23cm feedhorn.  Center feed support would be
directly in line with center of beam which would be subject to
scattering off the support.  So which is worse? Center or quad support?

Offset feed is ideal but not easy (cheap) to find larger than
2.4m.  My surplus 4.9m dish cost me $200 (but don't ask how expensive
to mount). The 2.4m dish was $100.  1.8m dish (free as it is my old
sat-TV antenna).

73, Ed - KL7UW