[Moon] Cabling a dish

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Fri Dec 25 23:13:06 CET 2015

I concur with Steve's observations:

I put up over 50 TV dishes in late 1980's and had some blow out a
panel with customer not even realizing it.  Of course sat-TV is not
weak-signal so there is a bit of margin.  Losing a panel would more
likely affect ground noise pickup (might see it more on Sun Y-factor
observations).

But as regards signal blockage the cable is minimal.  The feedhorn
blockage is much larger area and even it is hard to measure on a
large dish.  My guess is smaller than 2.4m on 23cm band a offset feed
dish wins for sure.

73, Ed