[Moon] Cabling a dish

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sat Dec 26 15:11:30 CET 2015

And into the mix of considerations is the mechanical strength and
rigidity of keeping the feed at the optimum focal point.  I think
that consideration had many dishes using quad support legs over a
single center support.  For the amateur it may overrule more esoteric designs.

I put up both style feeds for TVRO systems and both seemed to work
equally well (lacking sophisticated measurements and only SNR as a measure).

Tree and building blockage were more significant considerations for
siting the dish (a few trees got cut down).

Chasing the last 3K of Tsys becomes a point of diminishing return for
effort.  I stopped at that point and started operating.

73, Ed