[Moon] EME Sunday night 13 cm.

Steve Gross n4pz at live.com
Sun Dec 27 17:28:46 CET 2015

OK Skip et al

I don’t care what time it is. I am retired. I’ll be on 2304.100 0r 2304 .080 depending on birdies.

I think I am ready to go now. I set the damned feed up so I can find the moon on 1296 with the beacon on0eme and then simply go up or down with my declination to find 13 cm lobe Instead of hunting side to side blindly. Remember I use a polar mount like Peter. So simple! I’m no computer Geek. My dish is bumped around the polar axis with a short pulse from a small pulse generator board the gives the motor a shot about every 2 minutes. Declination is controlled by a pair of huge TVRO dish actuators which need be set once a day.

I also finally got it right which way the lobe shifts up when the 13 cm feed is below the 23 cm feed.

My brain just had a hard time visualizing that. K5GW as usual with help from K2UYH put me on the right track. Thank God for my “Elmer’s”.

I still have not heard echoes on 13 cm.

I HEAR A HUGE DROP IN NOISE FROM POINTING THE DISH INTO THE TREES VS POINTING IT UP AT THE SKY. Have not found moon noise that I can really identify as moon noise.. Oops on caps.

I also have had K5GW school me on programming the DEMI transverter so I can receive the Eu band on 13 cm. More to come later.

Next moon pass I should be QRV N. American and Eu bands. Japan and Australia to follow. Is there any activity from Japan or Australia on 13 cm?

73

Steve N4PZ

PS. I am excited about EME again. CW only. No bagpipes.