[Moon] Microwave Activity weekends 2015

g4bao john at g4bao.com
Tue Feb 10 11:24:43 CET 2015

Hi Peter I hope my "same old people" comment was not taken to be ageist! It
was meant to imply "same old, same old."As I pass 60 in March I'm likely to
become more sensitive to such comments myself!

I guess the mild winters we experience over here were the root of my
comment over timing. So what do others think about the idea of a couple of
Winter/Spring 13cm activity weekends then?

I've almost completed my replacement station transverter interface to
accommodate my new Elecraft K3 that has been, and still is, stuck in
customs for 3 weeks! It includes much easier crossband working to 2304 and
2302, but I've not yet found an easy way to TX on our new 2300 band with
the EME transverter or to receive in the JA band.

I have the shortest or no, window to VK or JA due to surrounding
trees/houses, but if any VK would like to try, I'd probably be down to just
a few minutes of window at high declination, I'd love to have a go.

I'm hoping the K3 kit will turn up later this week, then I'll probably need
another week to build and test it and get it integrated in to the system.
After that I'll be ready to go again, and I'll announce here.

73

John

www,g4bao.com