[Moon] QRV: 2m-eme

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sat Feb 28 08:57:45 CET 2015

I have finished some maint. on my 2m eme station and have the array
back up for use.

I decided to remove my secondary TR relays (HP8765A) from the system
as the NARDA relays test >100 dB isolation.  I kept the
double-shielded RG142 coax jumpers from the preamps to the TR relay
and continue to use RG-58 for dc supply (to avoid RF pickup on the
preamp power leads).

The other reason to remove the HP relays is their possible use for
3400-MHz (eme).

Progress continues on the 1296-eme system:  I rebuilt my LNA into a
new larger enclosure with seals at the coax connectors.  Also allows
me to add a second LNA to buffer gain needed for running MAP65.

The driver remains to be installed and final Tx tests.  LNA need to
be reinstalled (15-min job).  And one wheel replaced on the azimuth carriage.

I may be QRV on 2m around MR (2300utc Feb.28); check N0UK logger EME-1 for me.

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
     "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: