[Moon] [Moon-Net] 10 Ghz polarization for where i live

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Fri Jan 23 22:28:27 CET 2015

Jim,

-10 dB signal on JT is very strong!  Even better due to CP crosspol with Vpol.

I mentioned recently acquiring a 1.8m offset feed dish (actually it
was our sat-TV dish but we replaced it so now it is standing idle):
http://www.kl7uw.com/Trees_at_290_Oct20.jpg

There are also two 4-foot c-band mw fiberglass dishes that can be
seen in the weeds that I have on my for sale webpage (FREE -pickup only).

Rough guess is G = 43 dB, HPBW ~ 1-degree at 10-GHz for the 1.8m
dish.  The LNB is circa 1994 so probably not low enough NF to
consider modifying for 10-GHz.  Being offset feed makes possible to
locate all front-end RF components at the feed.  But I sold off all
my 10-GHz eme stuff in 2010 after being laid-off as it was clear I
did not have funds to complete a 10-GHz eme system.

I am most likely to build up Rx capabilities, first, as 30w is
expensive at 10-GHz ($2400 for DB6NT amp).  I have everything needed
to assemble a 8.4-GHz DSN receiver except the 400-MHz
receiver.  10-GHz would require starting from scratch (except the transverter).

I have a ku-band 2.4m dish but the budget to get it setup and working
is beyond our retirement funding.  I have that dish for sale for $300
(complete with wr-90 feed, computerized az-el and digital encoders)
pickup in Nikiski, Alaska.
http://www.kl7uw.com/fs.htm

Finally snowing in Alaska! (about 5-6 inches)!

73, Ed - KL7UW

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
     "Kits made by KL7UW"