[Moon] 3cm results

Sam Jewell jewell at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 27 22:29:45 CEST 2015

My thanks to everyone who replied.
It looks like it might have been due to the presence of a surface duct. I am located well within the region identified in the COST210 report as a maritime region for North Sea coastal ducting. This evening there is surface ducting present at 3cm. I need to do a lot more testing.
Of course my dish tracking might still need refining............

I receive the DL0SHF 3cm beacon at a consistent -11dB JT. Based on the published figures for the beacon power and dish size, when plugged into VK3UM's EMECalc together with my own system receive numbers, I think I am about 3-4dB short on performance. Has anyone else done the calculations based on their own receiver system? I would be interested to know how if the numbers work out for others and how much more I have to do!

Questions, questions!

73 de Sam, G4DDK

Sent from my DDKpad

g4ddk.com