[Moon] Dubus 13cm

Tommy Henderson wd5ago at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 4 15:09:13 CET 2015

Well Gang, a ruff winter weekend on 13cm Got a late start on the first night with about 45min of JA window left.  CWNR JA8ERE and JA8IAD with good signals from the new 2400 MHz frequency.  I completed a new converter over the Christmas break and had already worked JA4BLC the month before 2304/2400 with a clear 559 signal.  Flipping back and forth from 2400/2304 did hear and logged Mike - KL6M, Grant- VE6TA, and the last 5min of my window (the house is my limit, specificly our bed room!), Yoshiro - JA4BLC 559.  The next day we experienced snow and ice.  The dish would not turn, sooo.. I got the blow torch out and heated up the motor and gear box, fixed!  Then lowered the dish for the EU window and a EL bolt broke loose and the dish fell over (good thing it was some what counter balanced!) and got stuck.  Fixed it in the freezing ice, got the EL back up and dish lifted.  NOW ready for EU window, what no signals!, no nothing, figured I broke a Rx wire someplace during the EL failure.  Found one wire, fixed, back on RX but intermitting signals.  Called and logged SP6OPN and K2UYH before the RX intermitting got worst, sorry for that weak signal I QRZ for 30min.  No way to continue Saturday SO, I cried Uncle and yielded  , parked the stupid thing and decided to work on it Sunday afternoon.  A day of rest with everything closed because of the weather, and a nap after watching NASCAR (no drag racing on TV that weekend) with slightly higher temp's (-3C), I took a broom, cleared off the snow on dish, got the other RX wire problem fixed and with 2315Z left on Sunday, got back on.  Logged PY2BS, ES5PC, and VE4MA, then tick, the time rolled to 2400 Z and that was it of the contest signals.

Somewhat great fun in a twisted kind of way, I think next time we will just work on the Electric Drag Bike hihi! Thanks to All
Tommy WD5AGO