[Moon] [Moon-Net] WATER PROOF CAMERA 12VDC

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Thu Mar 12 17:14:28 CET 2015

Serge, Lance and all:

Yes, that is my method.  Wx proof enclosures are not sealed tight but
have down facing drain holes.  In cold climates one needs to make
them large enough that a drop of water will not hang in the opening
with surface tension and then freeze the weep hole tight.

I found this out years ago with satellite dish actuators that do have
weep holes in the motor housing...but the mfr made them too small for
cold country.  I drilled them out to 1/4-inch (6mm).

My 2m TR relays have attached 40-ohm 50w aluminum resistors (Dale)
which are fed 28vdc to warm the relays in very-cold temps.  The added
heat helps raise the interior above dew point if not too
cold.  August-October is our rainy season with >70% humidity that
guarantees interiors will condense moisture as temps drop.  Some of
my enclosures include amplifiers which provide a nice source of heat
and with cooling fans exhaust condensation quite nicely.

73, Ed - KL7UW