[Moon] Partial eclipse tomorrow

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Fri Mar 20 18:34:49 CET 2015

Re: Kjell sun-noise observations.

I suspect your TS2000 AGC is still compressing the Y-factor.  I
measure about 8-dB Ysun/cs on 2m with my 4x XP-20.  Of course we
could not see the eclipse on this side of the world.

I checked my 1296 system with sfu=120 at 15.3 dB a few days
ago.  That's a little low but sun angle was close to my shed roof and
tree line so cs probably was high.  A year ago I measured 16-dB.

Guess we will find out tomorrow on the moon.

73, Ed - KL7UW

At 09:21 AM 3/20/2015, peter blair wrote:
>  Hi Kjell, Thank you for that measurement, we don't have much from
> the lower frequencies, great data. 73 Peter

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
     "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: