[Moon] Dish status - more "stuff"

Edward R Cole kl7uw at acsalaska.net
Sun Mar 29 01:44:51 CET 2015

More problems so not QRV.

The azimuth motor would not run and I found that the 12v PS that
supplies the actuator control relays had blown a
fuse.  Measured  1/2-ohm across the 12v leads and traced it to the
amplifier control board.  So the 150w amp is QRT until that is fixed.

I was able to rotate the dish with the control board ckt disconnected
but ran into another problem where the frame digs into the  concrete
pad at one point.  I moved the position of two wheels higher on the
frame so that allows it to ride too low.  Hopefully fixed by
restoring (2) wheels to normal height.  I also have another issue
where the az actuator interferes with the elevation actuator
preventing elevation above 30-degrees.  If I limit azimuth to not go
beyond 140 it will be OK, but uncertain if my range changeover system
will still work if az is stopped at 140 vs 155.

It will take al full day day tomorrow to get these resolved.

Its been too windy (gusts >20 mph) to do eme today, anyway.

73, Ed - KL7UW