[Moon] ARRL contest and more! cheating

craig cats at amplex.net
Mon Nov 2 16:54:54 CET 2015

Well Stephen, “suspecting” how things worked in the old days is NOT the same as actually being there.
Being on 3 EME bands myself back then; I have a different version (actual) of what you wrongly “suspect”.

You see, 20m is not open to the whole world at the same time. Therefore, we had net controls which controlled the conversations and therefore the scheduling.
Often times, Station A could not chat directly with Station B.
So the net control coordinated the schedules. This worked quite well; but NOT for chatting about contacts after they happened (or didn’t)

In closing, it was NOT the same thing.

Craig, N8DJB