[Moon] [Moon-Net] This weekend

g4bao john at g4bao.com
Sun Nov 29 13:43:20 CET 2015

Hi all, I'm not a "night owl" but was around from about 2300 to 0100
on1296. Decided to just listen on CW without any assistance, to see what my
little system and faulty hearing could hear. Nice CW QSO with Lars SM4IVE,
for CW initial #9  and I called (and called, and called!) SP6JLW but he
never got beyond "QRZ G4?" Lars later told me the SP runs QRO, so no
surprise. Heard two or three weaker CW signals, but all below my threshold
of copy.  Put out a few CQs but no replies heard. The activity gave me
chance to experiment with the filter and dsp settings on the TS2000.
While I'm more than happy to do JT, I have to admit that I get a much
bigger "buzz" from working CW EME, as with such a small station (1.9m plus
180 Watts) it's a real challenge.
If you can put a signal off the moon to match ON0EME, please contact me if
you'd like a CW sked.

73

John