[Moon] ARRL contest and more! cheating

sm2cew at telia.com sm2cew at telia.com
Fri Oct 30 15:35:42 CET 2015

Lars, as an addendum to what you point out in your email, the revised ARRL contest rules now say:
"6.3. All entrants, regardless of category, are permitted to use spotting assistance or nets including but not limited to DX-alerting nets, internet chat rooms, APRS and other packet, reverse beacon networks and repeaters to identify stations available for contacts and to announce (self-spot) their availability for contacts. Announcements shall be limited to call sign, location, band or frequency, mode and–if applicable–transmitting sequence and listening direction. These methods of spotting assistance may also be used to coordinate antenna peaking prior to initiation of the contact and to explain contest rules, such as the exchange required, for those who need clarification."
As for me, this marks the END of my long time participation in the ARRL EME contest. The "contest" is now a full fledged Internet chatfest, just what vocal members of the digi crowd has asked for since the introduction of JT65.
I can't say that I am surprised, someone cut the cheese long time ago. Let it rip.
73 and good riddens to all chatfest "contesters".
Peter SM2CEW