[Moon] ARRL contest and more! cheating

Bjorn SM7SJR sm7sjr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 17:06:00 CET 2015

Hi All,

Leifs strategy/proposal to make internet inefficient, is by far the best idea I have heard in this ever ongoing (and pretty darn boring) debate.

Just my 2 cents...

73 de SM7SJR, Bjorn

Hello Peter and All,

I think your statement "The 'contest' is now a full fledged Internet
chatfest, just what vocal members of the digi crowd has asked for
since the introduction of JT65." is unfair. Surely this group wanted
Internet as a side channel, but as far as I can un understand, newcomers
in CW had the same desire at the same point in time. I started to loose
interest in EME before jt65 arrived because I found the way the Internet
sched system was developing harmful to the hobby. Not fun any more!!

I do not think it will ever be a good idea to fight development. Better
to try to lead it - and I think convincing the digital community they should
use map65 ( or a more modern version of something similar) A software
that decodes "everything" CW, jt65, weak-whatever, and things not yet
invented would provide more information than a single operator could
easily manage. Reacting on the wealth of information from ones own
radio would require 100% of the operators attention. Spending time on the
Internet would then be counter-productive.

I think the starategy should be: Make Internet inefficient in relation to
act optimally on the info presented by ones radio and computer. To me that
seems to be the only way to make EME healthy (=FUN) again.

73

Leif