[Moon] ARRL contest and more! cheating

Peter Blair g3ltf at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 31 18:10:05 CET 2015

"Calling CQ is a worthless effort as contesters are all chasing the bigger
signals."
Ed, with the greatest of respect, and from someone who has operated in more
EME contests than you have had hot dinners... that is a a very unhelpful and
wrong piece of advice.
Over many years we have shown that the best strategy for small stations
using CW, on 23cm especially, ( after theyve worked all the big ones)  IS TO
FIND A CLEAR SPOT AND JUST CALL CQ. Virtually all serious EME stations now
run an SDR and the small signals show up nicely, you go to them, call them
and work them.
73 Peter G3LTF