[Moon] EME in ZS6

Wolfgang Schlaffer dl5mae at yahoo.de
Fri Aug 5 20:19:12 CEST 2016

Dear Alex,

with interest I did read a message at:

http://mailman.pe1itr.com/pipermail/moon-net/2016-August/028414.html

So I do hope you know to whom you talked by phone? Perhaps you are very new to EME and
dont know?

Ivo Chladek (ZS6AXT) is a REAL EME pioneer  and  was active on EME since the mid 60s !!
I dont know when he started EME from ZS6.
I think his origin is Czech Republic (OK2WCG?).

So he is a real  OM (old man by HAM Radio means). And I know he made alot
of UHF/SHF EME contacts from ZS6, of course in CW ONLY (and I suppose also SSB).

Once Ivo asked me to send him some electronic parts to South Africa, I
immediately did so, as I knew ZS6 was rather remote to get electronic parts.
I was very glad to help him.

Its very surprising for me that you did not  mention Kobie, ZS6ALE (sk) , another
EME pioneer (in my opinion) in your mail.

Are the EME pioneers and their achievements going to be forgotten so quickly? Is it more
important to fill  "strange" top lists than remember  some special  history highlights and
stories of EME ?

At least on OK2KKW  some EME history is collected and "rescued".

vy 73 de DL5MAE Wolfgang