[Moon] [Moon-Net] QRV on 13cm later this evening

g4bao john at g4bao.com
Mon Feb 22 10:55:13 CET 2016

Thanks for the update on your 13cm allocation James.

No one was QRV last night and my echoes were pretty poor due to high
losses. It's time to put the 23cm system back in I think!

I understand your problems with 2320 over there,  the whole 13cm band is a
bit of a mish-mash of allocations. The UK has special 5-year duration
400Watt permits for 2300-2302MHz, but the uptake has been really slow.

Everyone is seemingly waiting until "they know for sure which part of the
band we will retain"

Sadly if we are paralysed by the uncertainty we might end up retaining
nothing.

The plan is for UK to operate in the top 100kHz of that allocation
requiring you guys just to tune your IF to 141.900- 142.000 to receive us
which should be better all round I think.

I think Dave G4FRE (WW2R) has activated the new band on the moon. My
terrestrial system works in the new band but it's not suitable for use on
EME due to the remote location of the dish I'm working on a new drive
transverter idea so I'll announce on the reflectors when I get QRV on the
new allocation

73
John