[Moon] G3LTF 432 and 1296 SSB Funtest results

Peter Blair pkb100 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 18 13:05:21 CET 2016

On Saturday 432MHz was pretty dissapointing with only 4 stations worked. Faraday was stuck at 90 deg through daylight hours and I had to rotate the feed to even see echoes let alone hear them. But 1296MHz on Sunday made up for it with 32 random QSOs from 4 continents including one QSO , never heard the call before, with M0DTS who called me and I believe had 3m dish with 300W. Two got-aways,  IK3COJ and DF1SR, and  G4YTL and VE4MA/7 were heard on CW working other (stronger) ssb stations. Only 4 stations from USA, maybe its the severe weather....? At times it was hard to find a spot to call CQ below 1296.055
A great day... the cooling water tank had got quite warm by the end. I was running 375-400W at the feed of my 6m dish.
Thanks to all for the pleasant QSOs, for me Sunday was EME as good as it gets.
73 Peter G3LTF