[Moon] WSJT V10 R6088 problem

Barry Malowanchuk ve4ma at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 22 22:55:59 CET 2016

Here is an old email that explains the solution. I need to use K/VE4MA and the right grid square to clarify where I am

73
Barry VE4MA/W7
-------- Original Message -------- Subject:  AW: JT65C Issue with VE4MA/W7 call
Date:  Thu, 12 Dec 2013 09:29:58 +0100
From:  GMX_DF8DX <df8dx at gmx.de>
To:  'alkatz' <alkatz at tcnj.edu>

Hi Al,
for WSJT, VE4MA/W7 is not a correct call sign. If he operates from the US, the only accepted call sign by WSJT is K/VE4MA. Regarding CEPT regulations, the prefix of the visited country should be first, followed by own call sign. However, I know that it is not really clear and in the US its actually correct to use the call that Barry used. If I use my US call from Alaska, the correct call is KT3Q/KL7. If I would operate under CEPT regulations with my German call sign I would have to use KL7/DF8DX.
The only suffixes that are supported by WSJT is /0 /1 /2 .../9 /P and /A. This means, /W7 will be treated as random text. However, you can add your own suffix as a valid add on. Go to the WSJT directory and open the text file "prefixes.txt". Here you can add the W7 as a Add-on DXCC prefix.
Now the text message format 1 will look like that:
K2UYH W7/VE4MA

The W7 will replace the grid locator. I think VE4MA/W7 will not be a valid call sign for WSJT but W7/VE4MA will work if W7 is added to the prefix list. However, everyone will have to do that in order to get good decodes. Sorry, not all too good news I guess.
If you find out anything else from Joe, please keep me informed.

73 de Bodo