[Moon] Fwd: Re: Velocity factor

Johann Bruinier Bruinier at t-online.de
Sun May 15 10:28:25 CEST 2016

Betreff: 	Re: [Moon] Velocity factor
Datum: 	Sun, 15 May 2016 10:17:59 +0200
Von: 	Johann Bruinier <520034211808-0001 at t-online.de>
An: 	Ingolf, SM6FHZ <ingolf.fhz at gmail.com>

Hi Ingolf,
my first 432 array in 1977 was built with open wire lines. I never used
any coax within an array.
After some experimentation I ended up with a VF 0,985 which means 1710
mm for 5/2 WL for vertical & horiz spacing of 4 LY in my case.
I use 3mm CuL spaced 13mm c/c. Spacers are 10mm round PTFE installed at
the (possible) voltage nodes.
Forget about plastics other than PTFE. I had acrylic glas melting at the
2 kW leavel. Which, of course, is not as important for TX as for a low Tsys
for RX.
Charlies suggestion is a good one for finding your individual VF.

73, Jan DL9KR.